Monday, October 21, 2013

New Inspiration

Breathe in...breathe out.

Well last week was was such a mental bummer for me when my Mothers trip out here got cancelled.  I fell into a rut of utter depression and could not get back out.  Then on Saturday the gloom started clearing and my mood was finally uplifted by the support and love of my husband. Thank you honey.  Yesterday I was once again lighthearted and giggly and feeling like myself. Let me tell you depression is a !@&!@$!

My brain works in crazy ways.  Ways I do not understand sometimes.  For some reason amidst all the gray I found myself wishing I had learned how to play guitar when I was young. 

I gave my husband a guitar for Christmas back in 2005 (before we were married) when he was overseas in Afghanistan.  That poor old guitar...it has spent it's life in a hard case. Greg has never learned to play it. Of course he still threatens that someday he will.  

My youngest daughter Katie has an electric guitar but she never has shown any interest in learning how to play.  And then there is me.  I have wanted to learn to play a guitar since I was a young teenager, but do I have my very own guitar? Not until Saturday!  Yes, I am now the proud owner of a guitar.  An acoustic Little Martin whose rich buttery sounds will bring a smile to my face for years to come as I learn to play.

I also had Katie drag her Casio keyboard downstairs so that I (we) can get to know it better!!!  It has been collecting dust in a corner of her bedroom for the past few years.  I am so glad it is not broken.  

Cheryl is feeling young at heart :)

No comments: